Thursday, May 31, 2012
But Turkey has had more success than other countries in actually bringing about change on the ground, she adds. During last year's famine in Somalia, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his wife went to the Somali capital, Mogadishu - the first visit by a leader from outside Africa for nearly 20 years. Turkey has since been at the forefront of helping build roads, schools and hospitals there. However, some Somali politicians have said Turkey has not been transparent about the conference, failing to consult them about who to invite, our correspondent says.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Over all the two days conference was successful. On Friday 25th of May, the first morning session concentrated on the economy - Abdirashid Duale of Dahabshiil delivered a presentation about his company's economic role in the horn of Africa. This was followed by a presentation by SSE members Jama Musse Jama, Mohamed Omer Maigag & Salma Sheikh on the role of Somali language and culture in preserving Somaliland national identity, the role of the Somaliland Diaspora in promoting Somaliland and the role of Somaliland women in Somaliland politics. A rep from Nomad in the Netherlands also spoke about Nomad and it's work.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Markii dhowr jeer sidaasi dhacday ninkii socotada ahaanna daawanayo arrintan la yaabka leh ee uu la kulmay ayuu Daryeele ku yidhi; “Waar maxaad dibqallooca qaniinyadiisa ugu adkaysanaysaa, maad iska sii daysid ha ku hafto biyaha eh?”
Monday, May 28, 2012
- Michela Wrong once wrote that you can tell a lot about an African country by the way they issue, or refuse you a visa. This remains true, but as African leaders see the benefits of liberalisation (in a variety of different guises), heralding a stream of hot money flowing in to the continent, there are many other measures of ‘doing business’ that are equally revealing. Commerce in Africa now seems inextricably linked with the mobile phone, so seeing how easy it is to get yourself up and running with a SIM card can be a good measure of a place.
In Addis Ababa I had to take a photocopy of my passport and 2 other headshots to a long queue in a small office, and several days later the stupid thing still didn’t work. I didn’t go back. In Hargeisa, capital of Somaliland, I arrived at my hotel, enquired about the SIM, whereupon the receptionist flicked a new one across the counter, expertly inserted it into my phone, and immediately topped me up with $5 worth of credit via text message. It all took 2 minutes.
- Mahad oo dhammi waxay u sugnaatay Rabbigeenna Weyn ee inaga dhigay dad Muslim ah ee weliba inaga dhaliyey ummadda aynu nahay ee Jam. Somaliland. Waxaan hambalyo iyo bogaadin baaxad leh u dirayaa dhammaanba ummadda Sharafta iyo Karaamada leh ee Jam. Somaliland, gudaha dalka iyo daafaha duniba, taasoo aan ugu hambalyeynayo sida dadnimada iyo dal-jacaylkuba ku dheehanyahay ee ay u xurmeeyeen una xuseen maalinta Qarannimadeena ee 18-ka May.
Waxa ah dhacdo caajaa’ib ah habka iyo qaabka ummadda Jam. Somaliland ay u xusaan una xurmeeyaan maalinta Qarannimada ee 18-ka May taasoo ayna cidna la wadaagin oo ay gebi ahaanba kaga duwan yihiin ummadaha kale. Bal u u fiirso muwaadin, ummadda Jam. Somaliland waa ummadda keliya ee awoodda u leh inay maalinta qarannimadooda uga dabaal-degaan SHANTA QAARADOOD ee Dunidu ka kooban tahay!! Arrintani waxay ka dhigtay 18-ka May inay noqoto dhacdo bulsho oo caalami ah (Worldwide event).Tusaale ahaan sannadkan 2012-ka waxaa qabsoomay in ka badan 60 xafladood oo looga dabbaal-degayo laguna xusayo 18-ka May, kuwaasoo ka dhacay in ka badan 40 dal oo ah daafaha dunida oo dhan:
- I read your opinion entitled:” Talks between TFG and Somaliland – Dead on Arrival (DOA)”. Your article has underlined some of the reasons that forced the talks to collapse but unfortunately omitted to shed some light on the facts on the ground and the realpolitik of some power-hungry Diasporas.
First, the Somali PM’s views towards Somaliland are as meaningless as Puntland’s ramblings towards Somaliland. Sorry to break it down to you!. The PM, Abdiweli Mohamed Ali hardly controls Mogadishu, so in fact, his views towards Mogadishu have little significance, never mind Somaliland. Secondly, the London conference invited Somalia (TFG) and Somaliland to either agree or disagree on the issue of Somali unity.
No one has ever mentioned the countless fly-by-night “administrations” like Khatumo, Awdal, Makhir and so on that the likes of you sprinkle on their articles. Truth is: these “administrations” come and go faster than the scents of cheap clones evaporate. In your previous articles, you have repeatedly written about the doomed SSC violent faction. And today, Khatumo is what drives your motivations.
But the 29 year-old, who will race arch-rival and defending Olympic 5,000m champion Kenenisa Bekele on the track in Eugene in America on Saturday, insisted: "I've got a big race coming up so I just wanted to do enough to win rather than set a record time. It’s going well, it’s all going in the right direction.
'' Dawlada Somaliland waxa ay marti-qaad rasmi ah ka heshay dawlada Turkiga oo ku soo casuuntay inay ka soo qayb-gasho shirka dhawaan ka furmi doona caasimada Turkiga ee stanbuul, martiqaadkan rasmiga ah waxa si cad ugu qeexan in dawladda Turkigu ay Somaliland siin doonta hab-maamuus u cuntama oo la mid ah kii ay lahayd shirkii lagu qabtay London (UK) bishii Feb, 2012.
Sidaas darteed dawlada Somaliland waxa ay go'aansatay inay ka qabgasho shirka qabtiisa lagaga hadlayo horumarinta iyo dhaqaalaha oo ay u aragto inay dani ugu jirto qaranka Somaliland, hase yeeshee shirka qaybahiisa kale ma aha qaar khuseeya Somaliland Waxana shirka dhanka Somaliland uga qayb-galaya afar wasiir oo kala ah;
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Xubin ka mid ah siyaasiyiinta reer yurub oo madashii shirka ka hadlay ayaa sheegay in maalinba maalinta ka dambaysa Somaliland magaceeda iyo wax qabadkeena laga baranayo dunidda daafaheeda, waxaanu xusay in uu dhaqaalaha iyo maalgashigu sii kordhaya Jamhuuriyada Somaliland, isaga oo tusaale u soo qaatay warshada cusub ee SBI ee Coca-Cola ee uu todobaadkii tagay xadhiga ka jaray Madaxweynaha Somaliland Mudane Axmed Maxamed Maxamud (Siilaanyo). Siyaasigani Waxa uu ka hadlay oo kale fursadaha aqoonsiga ee Somaliland isaga oo sheegay in ay siyaasad ahaan ay Somaliland guulo taariikhi ah gaadhay,waxaanu hoosta ku dooday dhibaatooyinka argagixisada iyo budhcad badeedda ee la dariska ah oo u baahan sida uu xusay inay beesha caalamka ka hesho taageero buuxda.
The foreign security force is needed because, while Marine CorpsTFG politicians, led by their president and parliamentary speaker, dicker endlessly over the few remaining assets of the former Somali Democratic Republic, large sections of the country have fallen under the de facto control of the Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen (“Movement of Warrior Youth,” better known as al-Shabaab).
Friday, May 25, 2012
- Xukuumada Somaliland ee madaxda uu ka yahay madaxweyne Axmed maxamed Maxauud Siilaanyo, ayaa si rasmi ah loogu soo casuumay shirka arrimaha Soomaaliya ee Stanbul, iyadoo Somaliland lagu marti qaaday meeqaam la mid ah kii shirkii London. Sida Jamhuuriya ku heshay xog dhab ah oo kasoo baxday wasaarada arrimaha dibadda ee Turkiga, waxa qoraalkaasi lagu xusay in inkastoo aanay dowlada Turkigu aqoonsanayn, haddana lagu qaabili doono weftiga Somaliland uga qaybgali doona protocol ahaan mid la mid ah kii shirkii London ee bishii February. Sidoo kale waxa lagu sheegay qoraalkaasi in xukuumada Somaliland arrimaha uu kale hadli doono wasiirka arrimaha dibadda ee Turkiga Prof Dr Axmed Davutoglu oo lagu wado inuu kullan la yeesho xukuumada Somaliland dhawaan.
Ma jiro wali xog dhab ah oo kasoo baxday dhinaca xukuumada, hase yeeshee waxa la filayaa in shirkaasi ay Somailand uga qayb gali doonaan wasiiro sar sare oo ka tirsan xukuumada Madaxweyne Siilaanyo, hase yeeshee madaxweyne Siilaanyo aanu tagi doonin. Waxaanay xukuumada Turkiga si gooni ah uga wada hadli doonaan sidii Somaliland qayb uga heli lahayd kaalamada Turkigu ugu tallogaleen Somaliland iyo Soomaaliya.
“Kama war hayo heshiishkaas aad sheegayso, mana ogi anigu heshiish Somaliland la gashay dawladdaas (Muriishiyas) aad ka hadlayso,” ayuu si kooban u yidhi Wasiirka Caddaaladda Somaliland.
Dr Omar declared that: “Somaliland has recently re-engaged with the international community, in order to play its part in solving the ongoing challenges in neighbouring Somalia. Last month’s London Conference represented an important milestone in Somaliland’s diplomacy.”
Thursday, May 24, 2012
“Aniga oo ah Wakiilka Somaliland ee USA, oo ku hadlaya magaca dhammaan jaaliyadaha reer Somaliland ee USA iyo Canada, waxaan halkan uga soo gudbinayaa hambalyo iyo mahadnaq sidii quruxda badnayd ee ay uga soo qayb galeen shirkii Somaliland ee lagu qabtay Washington DC. Waxaan si gooni ah ugu mahadnaqayaa dhamaan intii wakhtigooda ugu tabarucday ee ka shaqaysay sidii shirkaasi u qabsoomi lahaa.
- The dire warnings of the head of the United Nations Political Office for Somalia (UNPOS), Mr. Augustine Mahiga, acting in his assumed capacity as the de facto President of the failed Somali state, are nothing but a shameful camouflage to distract the international public opinion from his personal failure on the intractable quagmire of southern Somalia.
The unfortunate loss of life in Somaliland on May 15, 2012 is a matter of no concern to the UNPOS. For the past two decades, the state of Somaliland has developed a hybrid system of conflict resolution without any assistance or external intervention. The metamorphosis of this unique mechanism has been the envy of the global village and that is what sets the state of Somaliland apart from the anarchy afflicted rump state of Somalia.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
The ECA team comprised Adam B. Elhiraika (Coordinator), Ndubisi Nwokoma, Bartholomew Armah, Elvis Mtonga, Adrian Gauci, Li Qiang, Jymdey Yeffimo, Malcolm Spence, Simon Mevel, Chrystelle Tsafack Temah, Deniz Kellecioglu, Julianne Deitch, John Sloan, Zheng Jian, Aissatou Gueye, Souleymane Abdallah and Samson..
Watch out Somaliland! Dr Mahiga, The Hypocrite, Is On a Dangerous Mission To Sabotage Your Achieved Tranquillity And Harmony.
- It is beyond belief a doctor and an experienced man in African politics to release a meaningless statement over a very sensitive situation. The clash between the patriotic military personnel and their mislead cousins which caused the death of both sides was misfortunate and shocking. This horrendous and heartbreaking event was not needed to happen in this peace-loving nation. However, the question everyone is asking, “ What was the motive of the “Press Release” meant to achieve?”
Dr Mahiga did not give a chance the situation to settle nor he did not respect the nation as whole instead he belittled our intelligent members of both houses, house of Elders and Representatives. Worst of all, he did not respect the professional judgement from our independent judges and judicial system.
The name, Dr Mahiga, has been appearing in Somali affairs for many years as a special UN envoy to Somalia. Unfortunately we have not had any tangible result from his mission. If DR Mahiga has the ability and honesty to help Somalis he has the future of the majority of Somalis on his desk. This small country that was recognised as “the beacon of democracy” in a misfortunate continent dominated by tyrant leaders surely does not need interference from outside, particularly from UN rep.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Speaking during the opening ceremony Mr. Nathan kalumba, President of Central, East and West Africa for the Coca Cola Company described the significance of the investment made by the giant global brand,”we are very delighted to be opening this new plant which will offer an opportunity to refresh our esteemed consumers with high quality beverages choices.
Without definitive studies suggesting a viable alternative, no changes in practice are currently proposed although there is an urgent need for more studies, she added.
The possibility that anesthesia can cause subtle neurologic changes in young children has been a concern for some time. Over the past 10 years, bits of information from various studies have caused concern. Recent studies have implicated both inhaled and intravenous anesthetics as potentially neurotoxic to young animals, Dr. Houck noted.
Monday, May 21, 2012
- Different Stages of Somaliland independence movement: 18th of May is a great day for the citizens of the Republic of Somaliland. Wherever they are Somalilanders have celebrated 18th of May. This year the celebration has been held in so many exotic places including China. That showsthe great importance Somalilanders attach to the independence day, May 18th.Somalilanders both in the native land and those in the Diaspora alike have shown their passionate and superfluous support and dedication for the independence of their Republic of Somaliland. Celebration has spring up allover the world. It is the day Somaliland has reacquired its long lost independence. From the eyes of the celebrants was enthusiasm, and great lovefor their country’s independence and sovereignty.The Somaliland independence movement has started in 1930s. The rise of Sh. Bashir and Farah Omar and others were part of the early Somaliland’s independence movement,sweeping throughout the landscape of Somaliland from the dawn to mid-20thcentury.
In late 40s through the 50s of the 20th century, Somalilanders who came back from the European wars the so-called WWII heavily contributed tothe independence movement. In the fifties, British Somaliland hast three well-established political parties, with concrete political platforms and agendas. They were theSNL, the NUF, and the USP. There were also three independence-minded popular New Papers coming out of Hargeisa. Their names were the “Horn of Africa” (Qarnal Al-Afriqiya),and its editors were two preeminent writers Ahmed Jimaale and Ahmed Yususf Duale, the second New Paper was called a “Liwaa” (The banner), it has an editor, the legendary Omar Dheere, and the third one was “War Somali Side.”
Abaanduulaha Ciidamada Qaranka: Garaadada Dhulbahante Way Ku Wacad-fureen Gogoshii Nabada Ee Madaxweynahu Fidiyey, Cali Khliif-na.....
Kornayl Cabdilaahi Xaaji Jaamac Calas ayaa sidaasi ku sheegay qaybtii labaad ee warqada uu u diray kooxda Khaatumo Seeg iyo Garaadada beesha Dhulbahante ee u Socdalay magaalada Muqdisho, kaas oo aanu qaybtii kowaad idiinku soo gudbinay cadadkii Haatuf ee Axadii todobaadkii hore.
Wasiirka ganacsiga iyo warshadaha somaliland Cabdirisaaq Khaliif Axmed oo ahaa waftiga wasiirada ah ee garoonka ku soo dhaweeyey waftigan wasiirada reer Djabouti oo warbaahinta kula hadlay qolka VIP-da ee garoonka diyaaradaha magalaada Hargeysa ayaa sheegay in ujeedada safarka waftigani ay tahay qayb galaan furitaanka warshada sharaabka SBI oo madaxweynaha somaliland maalinta bari ah si rasmiga xadhiga uga jari doono, hadaladii wasiirkana waxa ahaa ì ujeedada socdaalka waftigan ka socda dalka Djabouti waxa weeye qayb galaan furitaanka warshada sharaabka ee SBI (Somaliland Beverage Indurtary).
The country remains unrecognised by the rest of the world, and the land of 3.5 million people is dependent on its diaspora for its budget. But the country is peaceful, there is a reasonably free press, a free market economy and two years ago, an election saw the incumbent president hand over power without many guns being fired.
Each home consists of two rooms and outdoor space totalling 144 square metres. NRC provided the design, tools, materials and training for the locally recruited labourers, many from the displaced communities and others from the host community. Shelters provided for internally displaced people in Somalia are often made from corrugated iron sheeting (CGI). Therefore it was a significant improvement for the displaced people in Burao to be able to move into proper brick structures with lockable doors, thereby providing safety and security for IDPs, especially women, children and other vulnerable groups including the elderly and people with disabilities.