Ilo wareedyada sheegay in Cali Khaliif uu ku sugan yahay Magaalada Jigjiga ayaa tibaaxay inuu maanta la kulmi doono Madaxwaynaha Maamulka Kililka Shanaad ee Ethiopia, kuwaas oo la filayo inay ka wada hadlaan arimo ku saabsan shirkii Fashilmay ee Taleex uu ugu qabtay Cali Khaliif xubno ka mid ah qurbo jooga beesha Dhulbahante, kaas oo aakhirkii lagu kala kacay.
Monday, January 30, 2012
What are the purposes of the two conferences? How should the Government of Somaliland respond?
The Taleex conference: The Taleex Conference highlighted a challenge Somaliland faced through most of the last twenty years: the perception and reality of Somaliland as an Isaaq/SNM Project, and the reservation and opposition of non-Isaaq communities particularly the two subclans in Eastern part of Somaliland and some of the Diaspora from Boramo district/ Awdal region.
The Taleex conference is also part of a new Somali phenomenon: substitution of clan-based factions that sought to take control of the central authority in order to control both domestic resources and external aid with lineage-based cliques with territorial ambitions. But like the factions, they seek a role in the UN-sponsored road map and a share in the new FG and its parliament.
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Ahmed Mohamed Mohamoud
(The President of Somaliland)
29 January 2012
Dear Mr. President,
We fully appreciate and applaud your wise decision to give your people the opportunity to have a say on formulating a sound reaction to the invitation of the UK Government to take part the upcoming London Conference on Somalia. Your Excellency, your move obviously underscores the significance of such response – and highlights the serious of repercussion it is likely to have on our fate as country and people.
We, the Somaliland Diaspora in India welcome every effort that the International Community is trying to find ways and means to put an end of the pandemonium and chaos prevailing in the neighbouring Somalia for two decades. It is a noble act and goodwill gesture on the part of the UK Government to help Somalia to emerge from the abyss of diametrical failure and stand on its own feet like Somaliland, which is a beacon of peace and stability.
-- Part 2;
-- Part 3;
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
-I am in favor of attending the London conference on Somalia in February because I believe Somaliland sovereignty will not be adversely affected in any way, shape or form. We will achieve more by attending this conference – thanks to Her Majesty’s government for offering this generous grant to Somaliland. This opportunity will spare us both time and money for hiring multinational posh lobby firms to argue on our behalf. This is a life time opening. For the first time in more than two decades, we will be able to present our case to the leaders of more than 40 countries; these include among others, our immediate neighbors and friendly members of the Security Council. This is an Allah (God) sent blessed opportunity for Somaliland.
We have nothing to fear, because we have to tell the story of Somaliland history and democracy that can not be claimed, denied or opposed by our opponents. Remember, our opponents consist of sea pirates, warlords and former Al-shabaab allies; they must have all the reasons of fearing us not the inverse, because they have no rational case to present against our cause. This is the right time to trounce them with the power of logic and irrefutable facts.
Ali Khalif Galaydh and Ali Esse are Responsible for creating instability and loss of lives in Sool region of Somaliland
Source: Somaliland Mission in USA
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Waxa iyaba waa cawo-daro aduune, maantana lagu muransan yahay oo waliba dadkeena intiisa badanina ay taageersan tahay in ay Somaliland oo aan anigu u qabay inay qaran buuxa noqotay, ku milanto oo ay la meeqaam noqoto maamulada ay jilibada iyo jeesaska Soomaaliya (Somali-talyaani) degani samysteen. Oo iyaba waa darxumo aduune, waxa daaqada laga saarayaa oo aan cidi waxba iskaga tirinayn go'aankii dadka reer Somaliland uu qaatay 18/05/1991-kii ee lagula soo noqday madaxbanaanida Somaliland ee Burco ka dhacay, iyo kii kale ee ka danbeeyay ee dastuuriga ahaa ee ay dadka reer Somaliland ugu codeeyeen inay ka noqonayaan isku tagii Somaliland iyo Soomaaliya iyo inkale, ee 97% dadka reer Somaliland ka noqosho u codeeyeen!. Bal hadana iyaba waa doqoniimo kugu gaaxatee, waxa la masaxayaa oo la baabiinayaa tacabkii loo soo galay dalkan Somaliland ee 50-ka gu' halgamada kala jaadjaadka ah loogu soo jiray ee loo huray naf iyo maal waxii la hayayba.
Hadalka sii badin maayo ee sedex midh ayaan rabaa inaan halkan ka idhaahdo;
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Accordingly, we as Organization members as well as the wider Somaliland community share with our President the need to study and thoroughly deliberate on this subject in order to come to the right decision. To those ends, we have, on our part, given it our best shot to contribute to the pool of ideas the President has asked for with his nation. Hence, we put into perspective all available pertinent information and strived to pinpoint all possible outcome scenarios.
Here are some of the facts and factors that heavily weighed in on our final judgement:
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Somaliland and its people expected more from their former colonial protector, and it is either a reflection of the insensitivity of the current Foreign & Colonial Office to the aspirations of the people of Somaliland, or simply of their lack of knowledge of the politics of the Horn of Africa, that they refer to Somaliland as a region of Somalia, as Puntland is. The interpretation that many hard line, anti-Somaliland politicians within Somalia have given this British insensitivity or ignorance, is that the British have coerced the Somaliland Government to attend the conference as a regional authority, just like Puntland, Galmudug etc.
*Dhegta maal/ Halkan hoose guji*
There is a great deal of talk regarding the London’s conference and its intended delegates; which of course, Somaliland is supposed to be a one of the invitees. Also, the British government seemed to have went into a great deal of effort in convincing the Somaliland’s administration in attending (preferably at the highest level) this conference.
However, reading all the tealeaves of UK’s larger government agenda in here, one could say with confidence, that, it’s with regret that Somaliland must decline such an invitation. Since, the over-all agenda of this conference is not conducive to her over-all bottom-line.
For, what we have in here (at least in so far as Somaliland is concern) is nothing but what, in different age, the likes of Viscount Palmerston would of understood it. And, that is, because his old political dictum would of have come to play in here; which was:
- The organizers of defraud Taleex Meeting assured to Somaliland authorities that the meeting will address tribal issues of Dhulbahante of eastern Somaliland, and no politics will be discussed. However, the meeting turned into political where the dishonest organizers declared government within Somaliland eastern territory. 22964409
Somaliland authorities did not interfere the meeting until its hidden hanky-panky agenda came to light, and they voted for creating new state out the eastern parts of Somaliland. Somaliland ordered its army to move into Buuhoodle Town, where the organizers planned to nominate as the capital of the new administration. The town was brought under the control of the army in hours, and later the army withdrew in order to avoid civilian casualties.
The organizers sponsored gorilla armed group called SSC fighting Somaliland at its eastern parts. The organizers financed the group to fight and destabilize Somaliland and the region but they failed to stop the army. Somaliland government don’t interfere the tribal meetings as long as it doesn’t discuss politics.
Monday, January 23, 2012
- Fal kasta oo bani’aadamku ka gaysto bay’adda ama dabeecadda degaankiisa, isagoo adeegsanaya awooddiisa “Khayraadkiisa” kala duwan si uu waxtar ugu yeesho xaaladihiisa nololeed waxa ka dhasha natiijo ugu fadhida qiimo dhaqaale. Qiimaha natiijooyinku waxay u kala muhiimsan yihiin heerarka baahida loo qabo, cadadka & nooca awoodaha loo huray, waqtiga lala beegsaday iyo goobaha laga fuliyey. Sababahaas dartood ayey bani’aadamka lagama maarmaan ugu noqotay inay qaybsadaan cid walbana u qeexnaato awoodaha iyo masuuliyaduhu, tacabka galayaana noqdo wax cayiman, falka la fulinayaana xulasho ku yimaaddo, goobtiisa iyo goortiisana lagu heshiiyo. Marka ay tallaabooyinkaasi sugnaadaan waxa dhacday shaqo lagu xisaabtamay qiimaheeda, waana tan keentay in ay ummaduhu ku kala duwanaadaan heerarka quwadaha dhaqaale iyo xaaladaha nololeed ee qaaradaha, dalalka ama degaanada.
Waxa dalkeenna Somaliland guud ahaan, iyo degaanka Gabiley gaar ahaan ku soo noqnoqday beryahan dambe in masuul kalidii ahi noqday kan is-sharciyeeyey, isagu xushay waxa uu falayo, isagu gacantiisa ku fuliyey, isagu baadhitaan/dabagal isku sameeyey, isagu is xisaabiyey, haddana isqiimeeyey dabadeedna naftiisa ugu bogaadiyey. Xafladdii ugu dambaysay ee ay lix wasiir, janannada ciidammada iyo Madaxwayne xigeenku markii shanaad xadhigga kaga jareen qol kaliya oo laga dhisay D/hoose, waxay ahayd olole gurmad ah oo loo soo agaasimay in lagu xaqiro looguna quus gooyo golaha degaanka ee Gabiley oo cabasho ka muujinayey qaabkii sharci darrada ahayd ee dawladdu u eriday mayor-kii shaqaynayey una afduubtay nidaamkii isbaddalka hoggaanka bishii may 2011kii.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Marwo Khadra Xaaji Gaydh Oo Allaybaday Ugu Deeqday $20.000 (usd). Toloow Lacagtaa Halkay Ka Keentay?
Sababta waxay marwo Khadra Xaaji Gaydh ku sheegtay inay Allaybaday tahay magaaladii ay u dhalatay ee isla markaana dadka ugu badani uga codeeyeen ee laga soo doortay!! '' Yacno markaa waa abaal gud''.
Friday, January 20, 2012
Dear Sir and or Madam,
Somaliland Society in Europe (SSE) is a network of organizations representing about 45 Somaliland Diaspora community organizations from 11 European countries.
We are writing to you to share with you our position on the upcoming London Conference.
We welcome that the British government by hosting this International Conference has bravely decided to actively engage in restoring peace and stability in Somalia. It is a noble act and a goodwill gesture on the part of the British government to help Somalia stand on its feet again. As SSE we welcome every genuine effort to end the anarchy and lawlessness in our neighboring country, Somalia, and help her emerge from the abyss of total failure.
We have closely studied the key objectives of the Conference and are startled to note that one of the key objectives of the Conference is to offer:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
As the country moves forward, there is a lot to be done within the arena of infrastructure development. For years, Somaliland was affected by major breakdowns and lack of sufficient, effective, affordable and reliable power sector. This makes it difficult to develop, particularly light and heavy industries which can bring more employment and prosperity to the country’s economy.
- The Somaliland constitution confers on all Somalilanders, whether in the Diaspora or living inside the country, equal rights to hold elective and appointive offices as well as to engage in private business. This official welcome does encourage some of the Diaspora people to end their long self-exiles and return to their country of origin. But unfortunately on some occasions, some prominent members of the Diaspora are subjected to negative rumors, innuendos and open criticisms in order to smear their reputations
People who return home have different reasons for doing so. There are those who are of old age and would like to spend their last years at home. There are also those who have accumulated wealth and would like to invest their funds there; and there are those ambitious individuals who after earning degrees and working as professionals overseas decide to utilize their knowledge and skills to make a difference for their people.
However, some local elites apparently believe that they alone are straight (way toosanyihii) and that Diaspora people are crooked (way qaloocanyihiin). They try to find faults with them, question the source of money they bring into the country and do not even spare women from those attacks.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Another event that needs to be addressed is the slowly dissolution of the existing political parties. A setback for democracy was the way UCID party internal conflict solved (the third largest party). A democratic society requires political parties who have active members and political vision about a nation building. It is clear that the political parties in Somaliland are in a transformation period. Somaliland needs strong political parties that can contribute to a better society and nationhood.
- In 1991, in Buroa, Somaliland´s second largest city, all Somaliland clans including the Dhulbahante clans in Sool province committed themselves peaceful co-existence. The agreement included that none of the clans would create their militias and warlords to prevent the spread of clan militants, warmongers, and violence that crippled the region back then. Power and resource sharing were also part of the agreement. While most of the Dhulbahante clans not only honored the Buroa peace accord but also safeguarded it, in 2009 and 2012, some Sool clans funded by the Diasporas (or the cyberspace warlords) not only violated the decades-old peace agreement but also openly rejected it, tirelessly spurring mayhem in Somaliland to dismantle it. But the Somaliland government cannot afford to overreact.
Despite the open declarations that some Sool clans are now reading themselves to create their militants—under the guise of establishing an administration that is independent from Somaliland—and despite that some of the well-known Garaads (clan chiefs) are annulling any agreements that Sool clans signed with Somaliland, the government cannot afford to overreact and fall into the trap. That is, engulfing Somaliland into violence.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
- Warar ka imanaya magaalada Buuhoodle (Somaliland) ayaa sheegaya in dagaal uu saaka dib uga qarxay duleedka Buuhoodle, dagaalkan oo bilaabmay ka dib markii maleeshiyada nabad-diid-ka ahi soo tuurtuureen ciidamada qaranka Somaliland oo kambalka (kadimada) magaalada Buuhoodle la dejiyay. Laba cisho uun ka hor bay ahayd markii ay sidan maanta oo kale maleeshiyadaasi xabado ku soo rideen ciidanka qaranka oo fadhiya xeryahiisa jiida ku xeeran Buuhoodle, dabadeedna ciidanka qaranku u jawaabay ee ay firxadkii dhex galeen magaalada gudaheeda. Halkaas oo uu ciidanka qaranku la wareegay in mudo ah magaalada Buuhoodle. Hase yeeshee ka dib dawlada Somaliland ay go' aansatay in Ciidamada magaalada laga raro oo Kambalkeeda fadhiisimo cusub looga sameeyo.
Wararku waxa ay intaas ku darayaan in hubka jaadadkiisa kala duwan ay is dhaafsadeen ciidanka qaranka Somaliland iyo maleeshiyada samo-diidka ahi. Ciidanka Somaliland oo u TUDHAYA dadkooda ayaa isku dayaya inaan wax khasaare ahi soo gaadhin bulshada ku dhaqan Buuhoodle oo ay maleeshiyadani Gabaad ka dhiganayso. Ma sheegin warku wax khasaare ah oo la ogyhayay.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Sarkaal sare oo ka tirsan ciidanka qaranka Somaliland ee galay Buuhoodle oo khadka telefoonka ugu warramay weriyaha Jamhuuriya ee Gobollada Bari Mr. Keyse Axmed Digaale, ayaa sheegay in subaxnimadii shalay ciidmmada qaranku gacanta ku dhigeen Buuhoodle, “Kadib markii aannu awood ku jiidhnay difaacii malleeshiyo dagaal nagala horyimi. Khasaaraha ciidanka ka soo gaadhay dagaalkaasi waa waa hal askari oo dhimasho ah iyo afar dhaawac ah,” ayuu yidhi sarkaalkaas oo codsaday in aan magaciisa la shaacin.